Thursday, January 19, 2012

{Chicken Soup For The..........}

You Can Find The Photo and Original Recipe HERE.

Personally, I think CFA's chicken noodle soup has magical powers.  There is just something about it...especially when you're sick.  It instantly makes me feel warm and cozy and BETTER!  I have never found a recipe that could replicate that wonderful goodness, until now.  While it's not the original, I think I like it just as much.  I found the recipe on allrecipe.com, and spruced it up Burtch style, and I think it turned out great!  Here's what we did:

Ingredients:
4 cups of chopped chicken
1 cup of chopped celery
1/2 cup of chopped carrots
1/2 cup of chopped onions
1/2 cup of frozen peas
1/4 cup of butter
9 cubes of chicken bouillon
1/2 teaspoon of dried marjoram
3/4 teaspoon of black pepper
1 bay leaf
1 teaspoon of dried parsley
1/2 teaspoon of Italian seasoning
1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
12 cups of water
12 ounces of egg noodles

Directions:
1) Brown chicken and chop
2) In a large stock pot, saute the onions, celery and carrots in the butter
3) Add chicken, water, bouillon cubes, and all spices. Bring to a boil, then cover and simmer on low for 1.5 hours.  Stir occasionally.
4) Add frozen peas and noodles.  Cover and simmer for 10-15 more minutes.

Then you're ready to eat up!  Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment