Wednesday, February 1, 2012

{Selling the American Dream}

The past week has been totally insane, and I have fallen behind (again) on my blogging.  But something really big happened, and I really want to document it.

One July 17, 2009, a personal dream came true when Kevin and I closed on our very first home in Wellington, FL.  This was literally the perfect house for us.  We really had no intentions on ever leaving it...at least for the next 10 years or so.  We had both lived in 10 different places over the course of a decade, and were so happy and grateful to have a place to call our own.  Well, yesterday, we finalized the sale of that house and I am a little torn over how to feel about it.  While our life has certainly moved away from Florida, I have so many emotional attachments to that house that are difficult to ignore.  We became a family of 4 in that home (less than 2 weeks after purchasing it). Tatiana joined our family in that home.  Kevin and I faced and overcame some really difficult challenges in that home.  We poured blood, sweat, tears and a lot of TLC into it.  I became a different person, and finally realized what I want for myself and my family there.  I know God put us there to prepare us for everything we are getting to experience today...so much growth occurred under that roof.  When we felt the urging to pick up and move to Georgia, leaving that home was one of the hardest pills to swallow.  But, when God says move, I have learned it is in my best interest to move.

So , today I celebrate a very special season in our life as a family.  I am grateful that we found that home, that we loved it and that it loved us back.  I found out yesterday that the gentleman that purchased it, bought it for his daughter and her family.  They have a 5 month old daughter and they adored the house.  I hope they love it as much as we did.  It's a good house!

Closing Day 7/17/2009

Living Room

Den
Kitchen
The Boys Bedroom
One of My Favorite Places in the House


The Boys' Playground...I loved that Backyard!

This was taken about 5 minutes before the moving van pulled out.


No comments:

Post a Comment