Tuesday, March 6, 2012

{10 Reasons I REALLY Love My Husband}


1) He is a man who loves God and firmly believes that the life of his family should revolve around the church.

2) He would move heaven and earth, bend over backwards and act like a bloody idiot to make the boys and I happy.

3) He has made some mistakes in life (who hasn't?).  But he has owned up to them, learned from them, and is a better man because of them.

4) He gives me back rubs every night.  I know it's not his favorite thing to do, but he knows that massages are my love language and does it anyway.  He will never know how much I appreciate it and love him for it!

5) He is patient...with everything and everyone (especially me).  This is a God given gift, and I could really learn from my husband when it comes to this.

6) He can walk into a room and have a new friend within 5 minutes.  The Lord really knew what he was doing when he matched us up, because this is a real struggle of mine.  Despite what many people probably think, I am very shy and have a hard time walking into the unknown.  Kevin loves it...and he encourages me to push past my nerves and insecurities.  My life is so much more interesting because of him!

7) He is setting such a wonderful example for our children.  He has faced many a challenge and overcome, and he shares those stories with them.  He loves on them, has compassion for them, and teaches them how to do all of the boy things that are so foreign to their Momma.  But he also cooks with them, prays with them, and makes an extra effort to show them how to treat the girls in their life the right way.  He is showing them how to be Godly men...and I am so very grateful...because that's something that they should learn from their Daddy, but so often becomes the responsibility of the mother's out there.

8) My husband came with one exceptionally great family...immediate and extended.  I am so very blessed to call the whole Burtch/Champan clan my own.  I could not have dreamed up a better family to marry in to.

9) He's a great friend, and he has great friends.  He and his college buddies are more like brothers and they would do anything for each other.  Those guys have certainly come to my rescue on more than one occasion.  Kevin is also a great friend to me...the very best kind of friend.  He makes me laugh harder than anyone I have ever known.  He's honest with me, even when it's hard to be.  We have so much fun together.  In the words of Forest Gump...We're like peas and carrots!

10)  He's a dreamer, just like his wife.  We talk about all of the "what ifs" in life, big or small.  He goes after those dreams and makes them a reality.  He also knows when to fold em, regroup, and dream something new.  His biggest dreams are rarely for himself.  He's selfless like that.  I wish you could hear the heart of this man.  He's something really special. 

Now, I could go on for days about why I love Kevin.  But, when it comes down to it...these are the very reasons why I married him, and why I will spend my life loving him.  I am so proud to be his wife and I am so excited to have a front row seat to watch this man become the man that God intended him to be.

Kevin...you are my heart and I love you so!  Come  home quickly and safely.  We miss you!

No comments:

Post a Comment