Tuesday, February 28, 2012

{The Super Bowl For Girls}

I LOVE LA!  There is not much I dislike about the City of Angels, except that a lot of peoples' moral compasses seems to be a bit off kilter.  I got to go on a little 8 month adventure out west and do miss it.  I need a little weekend trip here soon if anyone's interested in joining!  That being said, I have walked the stairs to the Kodak Theatre (not sure how long it will retain that name) more times than I could count. 

My SIL Ashley, My MIL Brenda and Me on the stairs at the Kodak

View From The Street
I have seen many a red carpet.  This southern girl's never actually walked one, but they sure do look fun, and pretty and red!  Here are some shots of the Kung Fu Panda red carpet at Grauman's Chinese Theatre.  Ashley and I kinda accidentally stumbled upon it on our 2008 trip to LA.  As you can see, it's a madhouse! So much fun and chaos!  We walked up just as Jack Black was running across the street to sign some autographs.  There's a pic of him down there too! 




That's all super fun, but red carpets really mean just one thing to me...PRETTY DRESSES!  If you know me, then you know I LOVE clothes!  A beautiful dress will render me speechless.  This, and for no other reason (unless Reese Witherspoon or Sandra Bullock or anyone from The Help is nominated) , is why I love the Oscars.  You get to see these exquisite gowns displayed on living mannequins.  I love it!  I would kill to be Rachel Zoe assistant on Oscar Sunday.  Shoot, I'd hold her sunnies for free if she'd just let me come along for the ride!  As Kevin and I decided, Sunday was like the Super Bowl for girls...and it was a good one!  Here are some of my personal favorites (in random order):


Jessica Chastain in Alexander McQueen

Katie Holmes in Elie Saab
Michelle Williams in Louis Vuitton

Nancy O'Dell - Not sure who designed this one, but I like it!

Octavia Spencer in Tadashi Shoji (Curvy girls...this is how it's done!)

Sandra Bullock in Marchesa (They can do no wrong in my book - I love nothing more than a serious dress in the front with a back that takes your breath away!)

***ALL PHOTOS ARE COURTESY OF YAHOO MOVIES***
Girls...did you have any favorites?  I would love to hear about them!

No comments:

Post a Comment