Thursday, February 14, 2013

{Happy Valentine's Day 2013}


This is the Valentine we sent out to the grandparents and a few others.  Seriously...how precious are these boys?!?  They look so grown up!  I designed the card using a Photoshop template from Crave Designs.  Andee Tate is a creative genius in photography, editing and design.  I really love her work and use her designs frequently.  I did change some fonts and slightly altered the colors to make them as "boy" as a Valentine card can be.  If you would like to take a peek at the original, click HERE.

Valentine's Day in our house is celebrated a bit differently than in most homes.  I sort of feel that it's silly to promote a day to celebrate something we are called to do EVERYDAY!  God called us to love one another.  I think some people wait until V-Day to show the love and affection that we should express daily.  I also believe that it is a commercial holiday...big time!  Jewelry stores and chocolateers are salivating about right now, knowing that their bankroll will be enormous come close of business.  While I love V-Day, and enjoy exchanging little gifts with the boys and Kevin, I like to take this time to celebrate God's love for us.  We are shown God's grace and mercy and love with every single breath.  We are his children and he is madly in love with us.  I am pretty sure HE deserves the special day far more than I do!

That is one reason I am so thankful that Hayden goes to a private Christian school.  We are free to express that notion and speak openly about God's love with his friends and teachers.  Below is the Valentine that Hayden helped me put together for his friends (again using a customized version of the Crave design).  I saw the bible verse on Pinterest and thought I would "barrow" the idea.  I love how it turned out!

This year, I had a ton of goodies left over from my Valentine Mini Treat Basket.  We were able to put together a special V-Day gift for the girls and boys in his class.  All items were purchased at Hobby Lobby.  I bought them right after they were loaded on the shelves and took advantage of a 40% discount they had just put up.  The bags were ordered last year for Hayden's birthday from The Party Fairy on Etsy. I ordered more than I needed because they were cute and knew I would use them again at some point.  I loved the football for the boys and the "My Heart Belongs to Jesus" bracelet for the girls...so cute!

My favorite items are the God Is Love Conversation Hearts. Hob Lob again. Man, I love that place!  Hayden picked out the Love themed magnets for his teacher at Kohl's.  They were originally $12.99 (way more than I would normally spend on something like this), but I had $10 in Kohl's Cash, so I got them for $2.99.  SCORE!

Here is the final product!  I added a little name tag on each one.  This is a Freebie on the Crave Design Website.  It's a pdf, so you can use them even if you don't have Photoshop.  There are several really cute designs. 

This particular Valentine is for Simone.  This precious little girl has been Hayden's girlfriend since the second week of school  They go everywhere together at school, and he just adores her.  Ah, young love!  What can I say...he's a one woman kinda guy!
Hayden & Simone - Fall 2012
I hope everyone has a wonderful Valentine's Day!  I pray that God blesses you all with an abundance of hugs and kisses from the ones you love!!!


My beloved friends, let us continue to love each other since love comes from God. Everyone who loves is born of God and experiences a relationship with God. 1 John 4:7

No comments:

Post a Comment