Friday, February 8, 2013

{Kind Of A Big Deal...At Least To Me}

 In 2012, I got to check an item off of my bucket list.  My photography work was published.  I can just see my Grandma Clark grinning from ear to ear as she looks down from Heaven.  This was something she always dreamed of for herself, so it was sort of fulfilling a dream of hers as well.  She was quite the poet.  Though, my artistic medium is very different, this was a very big deal for me.  I am not sure that this was a dream that I had ever really expressed to anyone other than her.  She always encouraged me in my artistic pursuits, weather it was writing, painting, photography, music.  I mean...music...really?  I am absolutely tone def, but listening to her, you would have thought I was Judy Garland.  No matter how crazy my ideas seemed, she always made me feel as though I was up for the challenge.  She was a huge influence in my life, so I am proud that I was able to do something that we both dared to dream about.

Some of the very first photos I took "professionally", were for my next door neighbors in Florida.  This precious family had just brought home a brand new baby girl.  She was a miracle for them, an adopted angel that completed their family.  You can actually see some of the photos HERE.  I was able to photograph this little one and her big brother several times after this shoot, and they have such a special place in my heart.

Two years later, right before we moved back to Georgia, Patricia, the baby's Grandmother, asked me if she could use the newborn photos for a book she was publishing.  Well...of course!  I was so pleasantly surprised and honored to find out that my images would be used in a devotional for expectant parents.  It really is a beautiful book and would make a lovely gift for friend or loved one.  You can purchase it direct from the publisher HERE or head on over to Amazon to read the reviews by clicking HERE.

Thank you for taking a second to let me share this exciting tid bit.  I hope you will take a peek at the journal and will share it with friends and family.



Source
Front Cover (I took that photo of the tootsies)



Source
Excerpt Page (my Angel Wing photo can be seen behind the text)


No comments:

Post a Comment