Tuesday, October 25, 2011

{Mom on a Mission}

Yep, that picture says it all! I want my abs back. And while they may not return to my college cheerleader abs this side of a plastic surgeon's office, I would like to have some resemblance of a waistline again sometime in the near future.

This whole losing weight thing has been super tough after having the boys. I moan and groan about it...but I really have worked hard with very little results. A doctor recommended a while ago that I lay off the heavy exercising for a while and let my body rest. I have done so (probably longer than she meant for me to), and now I'm ready to kick some treadmill bootie!!!

I'm starting off easy. 5k training with 3 runs days, 1 long walk day and 2 optional run/walk days. Since I'm not training for a half marathon, I will probably run all of the days it says I can. I like following the Hal Higdon training programs. They are no-fuss and tell you exactly what you need to do to cross the finish line without dying. Here is my training plan for the next 8 weeks:


My diet is going to look a little something like this:

Breakfast: 2 hard boiled eggs, 1 sliced tomato, 1 tangerine, coffee w/ 1 Truvia only, 1 tsp of chia seeds (super good for you runners)
Lunch: Chopped veggie salad
Snack: Apple or turkey bacon
Dinner: Lean protein, chopped veggie salad
Desert: Sugar free hot cocoa

That's the goal at least. when feeding 3 boys, I'm sure there will be some slip-ups, but I will do my best to stick closely to it.

The goal is to lose 15 lbs by the end of the year. I would love to knock out 20, but I will be happy with 15. I ran today and can barely straighten out my legs, so this should be AWESOME! I saw this photo and immediately thought of my college cheerleading coaches (lovingly of course)!



AMEN!




No comments:

Post a Comment