Friday, February 3, 2012

{Best Fwiends}

"A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity."
Proverbs 17:17

Oh, how this verse rings true with brothers.  My boys are the quintessential brothers.  They fight like crazy, but at the end of the day, there is no one else they'd rather fight with. 

Kevin gets a real kick out of asking Colton who his favorite person is.  Colton's answer is always "Daddy".  This little competition goes way back.  You see, Hayden has been a Momma's boy from birth.  I have always been able to calm him down.  He comes to me when he has boo-boos or something really cool to share, or just needs some love.  So, when Colton was born, Kevin primed him to be a Daddy's boy.  I would wake up in the middle of the night, and find Kevin snuggled up to Colton beside me.  Colton didn't wake up crying.  Oh no, Kevin would just wake up and pull him into bed for a little snuggle time.  The groundwork was laid.  For the first year of his life, I barely held the child.  He wanted Daddy (I said that with a jealous sarcasm in my head, btw).  He didn't say Mommy until he was almost 2.  I would try to get him to say it...Colton would laugh...then say, "No. Daddy" with a devilish grin on his face.  Needless to say, Kevin and Colton have always been big-time buddies.

This morning, as I was trying to get a kiss from the little stinker, Kevin asked: "Colton, who is your favorite person?"

To our surprise, he said "Bubba.  He's my best fwiend.  Bubba's my best fwiend." (the w is intentional...he can't say his r's yet and I quite like it that way)

Competition aside, this made my heart so very happy and brought a little tear to my eye.  What a special relationship they will have growing up.  I am so glad that I was blessed with 2 very special, loving boys.  They are the absolute joy of my life and I thank the Lord above for them each and every day! 


They Love One Another.

They Act Silly Together. 

They Cause Lots Of Trouble Together.

They Lean On Each Other For Support.

They Guide One Another.

They Cannot Sleep Without Each Other.

No comments:

Post a Comment