Thursday, February 9, 2012

{Happy Birthday To Me}

It's my 31st birthday today.  I have to admit, I am so glad to move on from 30.  Last year, I was so excited...I knew and had known for a long time that 30 was going to be BIG!  The Good Lord knows, I had no idea how big.  The last year has been more of a marathon than a sprint.  I can honestly say that I learned more, about myself and others, in my 30th year than ever before. 

I started a new womens' Bible study yesterday...The wonderful Beth Moore's study on the book of James.  James 1: 2-4 kinda stopped me in my tracks:

"Dear Brothers and Sisters, when troubles come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy. For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow.  So, let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be perfect and complete, needing nothing."

I wish I had read this on my birthday last year.  Some of the challenges of the past year would have made much more sense.  But hey...His timing is perfect!  I WILL NOT argue with that!

I am grateful for all of the lessons learned, because they brought me to where I am at today.  I am in a place of peace and joy and contentment.  There is a lot to come this year...I feel it...and I cannot wait to see how God will use me and my family.  I have a feeling there will be a lot of opportunities to serve this year and I cannot wait.  BRING IT...I'm ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment